Thank you for considering Red Savina Review as a home for your art. RSR looks forward to reading your original poems, short stories and creative nonfiction. Aesthetic schools are of little concern to us; what matters is that the poem, story or essay presents an authentic investigation into the concept of identity and how it constitutes human experience.
Our reading periods are generally year-round. We are currently reading for the Fall Issue, 2016. Send us only your very best work. This is a highly competitive field. Our only criterion is quality. Submitted Creative Nonfiction and Fiction works should be in English unless prior permission has been granted. Poems may be submitted in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
Withdrawals can be accomplished through Submittable. Simply click the "Withdraw" feature. E-mailed withdrawals are NOT permitted. We do not refund withdrawals.
*Final decisions are made by the Founding Editor.Our response time is generally 3 months but varies significantly. You may log-in to your submittable account at any time to check the status of your submission. If you have not heard back from us within 3 months you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Our policy: anyone 18 years of age and over may submit to the Red Savina Review.
We like writing that challenges you, the writer: writing that drags you out of your comfort zone, refuses to stroke your sense of self-esteem, writing that DARES you to let it have its say. Send us polished but evocative work.
Thank you. We look forward to your submission!
Red Savina Review Flash Fiction Contest was created to champion writers whose writing explores and challenges the notion of human being in the twenty-first century. Flash fiction by authors that achieve this distinction will be devoid of influences such as political correctness and the solipsism that taints much of literature composed under the auspices of postmodernity. The award will be given to the writer whose work strips away the conceits of being human in an attempt to clear the way for human being, to authors who have something to say and say it well.
Open: September 19, 2016
Deadline: December 1, 2016
Fee: $9.00 entry
Prize: Winner receives $75.00 and publication
Word Count: 750 words
Entries judged by RSR Editors
- Writers may submit one or more entries. However, entrants must pay for each entry. Reading fees are non-refundable.
- Red Savina Review follows Clmp contest guidelines.
- Red Savina Review contains adult reading material. Therefore, you must be 18 years or older to submit to the contest.
- Submit previously unpublished stories (word count: 750 words or less) via SUBMITTABLE only.
- No email or snail mail submissions are permitted.
- Please include your name, address, email and phone number on the first page; and page numbers and title in the running footer. Use 12-point font, double-space, Times New Roman. Submit in DocX or RTF format. Must be in English language.
- Writers previously published in Red Savina Review are welcome to submit.
- Staff members and/or any writer who is personally associated with Red Savina Review’s editors and/or guest editor may not submit to the contest.
- Simultaneous submissions are welcome. Please withdraw from contest immediately if accepted elsewhere. No refunds.
- All submissions will be considered for publication in Red Savina Review’s spring issue (online, 2017). If accepted for publication, Red Savina Review reserves the right to edit.
- Winner receives $75.00
- Results will be posted on RSR website.
- The winner will be announced and published in Red Savina Review’s spring issue (2017). Date to be determined.
We want honest, high-quality, literary creative nonfiction of 7,500 words or less, though we might consider longer work if it is exceptional. We prefer nonfiction that is built with the tools from a fiction writer’s toolbox. Again, we emphasize literary nonfiction. Always number your pages. Include your name, address and e-mail on each page. Submit in .doc .docx .pdf or .rtf format (12 point font). Please include an author biography of two to three sentences (100 words max). We take each submission seriously and look forward to reading your work.
We seek original fiction. Flash fiction 1,000 words or less. Short stories of 7,500 words or less, though we might consider longer work if it is exceptional. Stand-alone novel excerpts and flash fiction are perfectly acceptable. No straight out genre pieces, though we will be happy to consider pieces that blur the lines between genres. Always number your pages. Include your name, address and e-mail on each page. Submit in .doc .docx .pdf or .rtf format (12 point font). Please include an author biography of two to three sentences (100 words max). We take each submission seriously and look forward to reading your work.
Feel free to send up to 1-5 poems (not to exceed five pages) grouped in a single document (with page breaks) on any subject in any form. Please do spare us from sex and body part poems. We’re not interested in the vulgar details of your love life. Do not submit any pornographic material. Poems must be typed and single spaced (double spaces will be interpreted as blank lines). Always number your pages. Include your name, address and e-mail on each page. Submit in .doc .docx .pdf or .rtf format (12 point font). Please include an author biography of two to three sentences (100 words max). RSR welcomes simultaneous submissions. Please notify us promptly if your work has been accepted elsewhere. All withdrawals must be accomplished using the withdrawal feature of Submittable. To withdraw a single poem or some of the poems from multiple poems, you must withdraw the entire submission and resubmit available works for consideration. E-mail withdrawals are NOT permitted. We take each submission seriously and look forward to reading your work.